Chief Master Sergeant Jamie M. Augér is Command Chief Master Sergeant, 96th Test Wing, Eglin Air Force Base, Florida. In this capacity, he serves as principal advisor to the wing commander and senior staff on matters of military readiness, morale, quality of life, professional development and effective utilization of personnel affecting an organization of more than 19,000 military, civilian, and contractor personnel.
The 96th Test Wing provides developmental testing and evaluation of conventional munitions, command and control systems, and aircraft avionics and guidance systems. Additionally, the wing provides all base operating support, infrastructure, and services support for the Air Force’s largest installation (724 square miles) comprised of eight tenant wing or wing-equivalent units, to include the 33rd Fighter Wing (F-35 Lightning II Integrated Training Center), the Army's 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal, and 37 other associate units including the Army's 6th Ranger Training Battalion and the Air Force's 20th Space Control Squadron.
Chief Augér entered the Air Force in January 1995. He graduated from the Law Enforcement Apprentice Course at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, in April 1995. He has an extensive background in law enforcement and security operations. Throughout his career, he has filled numerous roles to include a special duty tour as Professional Military Instructor at the Airey NCOA Academy, and leadership positions at flight, squadron, group and wing levels. His assignments include bases in Massachusetts, Ohio, Florida, Korea, Illinois, California, Japan and Nevada.
1995 Law Enforcement Apprentice Technical Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
1995 Air Base Ground Defense Course, Fort Dix, N.J.
1999 Airman Leadership School, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2002 Associates of Applied Science Degree, Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force
2003 United States Army Ranger School, Fort Benning, Ga.
2004 Dynamics of International Terrorism, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla
2007 College of Enlisted Professional Military Education Instructor Course, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2009 Associates of Applied Science Degree, ITMS, Community College of the Air Force
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2010 Bachelor of Science Degree, Criminal Justice, Troy University
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Professional Manager’s Certificate, Community College of the Air Force
2014 Master of Art’s Degree, Organizational Leadership, Brandman University
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2017 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Judge Advocate General’s School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
1. May 1995 – February 1999, Law Enforcement Apprentice/Base Entry Controller/Law Enforcement Patrolman, 66th Security Forces Squadron, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
2. February 1999 – July 2002, Security Forces Journeyman/Installation Patrolman/Security Forces Controller/Standardization Evaluation, 88th Security Forces Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. July 2002 – August 2006, AT Level II/Ground Combat Training Instructor/Noncommissioned Officer in Charge Plans and Intelligence, 96th Ground Combat Training Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
4. August 2006 – September 2007, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge Training, 51st Security Forces Squadron, Osan AB, Korea
5. September 2007 – August 2011, Flight Instructor/Superintendent Profession of Arms Division, Paul W. Airey NCOA, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
6. August 2011 – August 2012, Security Forces Flight Chief, 375th Security Forces Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
7. August 2012 – January 2013, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge Security Forces Training and Readiness, Headquarters Air Mobility Command A7S, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. January 2013 – March 2014, Security Forces Operations Superintendent, 621st Contingency Response Wing, Travis Air Force Base, Calif.
9. March 2014 – July 2015, Group Superintendent, 571st Contingency Response Group, Travis Air Force Base, Calif.
10. July 2015 – June 2016, Security Forces Manager, 18th Security Forces Squadron, 18th Wing, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
11. June 2016 – January 2017, Superintendent, 18th Mission Support Group, 18th Wing, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
12. January 2017 – April 2018, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 432d Wing/432d Air Expeditionary Wing, Creech Air Force Base, Nev.
13. April 2018 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 96th Test Wing, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal
AF Outstanding Unit Award with Valor with six oak leaf clusters
AF Organizational Excellence Award
AF Good Conduct Medal with six oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with Star and one oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Iraqi Campaign Medal with Star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with Star
Operation Inherent Resolve Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
1999 Commandant’s Leadership Award, Airman Leadership School
2006 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2008 STEP Promotion to Master Sergeant
2009 Air University’s Enlisted Professional Military Education Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2011 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2013 621st Contingency Response Wing SNCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Nov 2015