Chief Master Sergeant Kathleen M. McCool is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 53rd Wing, Eglin Air Force Base, Florida. She is responsible for the health, welfare, morale, and effective utilization of approximately 2,900 military and civilian personnel at 23 diverse locations throughout the United States. The wing is responsible for fighter, bomber, space and remotely piloted air vehicle operational testing and evaluation. Additionally, the wing performs tactics development in the areas of electronic warfare, armament, avionics and weapons systems evaluation programs Combat Archer and Combat Hammer, as well as the electronic warfare aggressor program Combat Shield.
Chief McCool grew up in Buckeye, Az., and enlisted in the Air Force in 1995. She began her career as a Health Services Management Apprentice and then went on to become a Military Training Instructor. During her tenure as an MTI she was selected as a Blue Rope Master Military Training Instructor. She then left MTI duty to become a recruiter. While as a recruiter she held numerous positions culminating in her assignment as Squadron Superintendent. She has held several Superintendent positions at both the Squadron and Group levels. Prior to her current assignment she was a student at the Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1995 Health Services Management Apprentice Course
1999 Military Training Instructor Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2000 Airmen Leadership School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2001 Academic Instructor Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Associate of Applied Science Instructor of Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Professional Selling Skills, Achieve Global
2005 Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2006 Associate of Applied Science Health Services Management Apprentice, CCAF
2006 Associate of Applied Science Human Resource Management, CCAF
2006 Master Instructor Certification, Air Education and Training Command
2007 Professional Sales Coaching and Applications, Achieve Global
2009 Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2010 Bachelor of Science, Occupational Education, Wayland Baptist University
2011 Professional Manager Certification, CCAF
2016 Continuous Process Improvement Course for Senior Leaders, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
2016 Chief Leadership Course, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2016 Master of Arts, Management, Wayland Baptist University
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education (I) Correspondence Course 2016 Command Chief Course, JBSA-Randolph
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education (11) Correspondence Course
2018 Master of Arts, Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. December 1995 – January 1999, Health Services Management Apprentice, Luke AFB, Arizona
2. January 1999 – January 2002, Military Training Instructor, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. January 2002 – March 2004, Instructor, Military Training Instructor School, Lackland AFB, Texas
4. March 2004 – April 2006, Enlisted Accessions Recruiter, 341st Recruiting Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
5. April 2006 – January 2007, Health Professions Recruiter, 341st RCS, Lackland AFB, Texas
6. January 2007 – July 2010, Enlisted Accessions Flight Chief, 369th RCS, West Covina, California
7. July 2010 – September 2011, Superintendent, Recruiter Screening Team, HQ AFRS, Randolph AFB, Texas
8. September 2011 – February 2013, Production Superintendent, 319th RCS, Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts
9. February 2013 – September 2013, Squadron Superintendent, 319th RCS, Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts
10. September 2013 – May 2014, Squadron Superintendent, 320th Training Squadron, JBSA-Lackland AFB, Texas
11. May 2014 – May 2015, Squadron Superintendent, 323rd Training Squadron, JBSA-Lackland AFB, Texas
12. June 2015 – June 2017, Group Superintendent, 502nd Security Readiness Group, JBSA-Randolph AFB, Texas
13. July 2017 – June 2018, Student Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. June 2018 – present: Command Chief Master Sergeant, 53rd Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with four oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star device
Global War on Terrorism Defense Medal
Outstanding Airman of the Year with bronze star device
1995 Distinguished Graduate, Health Services Management Apprentice Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1998 Airman of the Year, 59th Medical Group, Luke AFB, Arizona
1998 Air Force Sergeants Association Division 12, Airman of the Year
1999 Honor Graduate, Military Training Instructor School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2000 John Levitow Award, Airman Leadership School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2002 Junior Instructor of the Year, 37 Training Group, Lackland AFB, Texas
2003 AETC Top Tech First Place Instructor
2004 AETC Master Instructor
2005 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officers Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2005 Commandant’s Award, Noncommissioned Officers Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2005 Air Force Recruiting Service “Blue Suit” Top 12 Recruiters in Nation
2006 AFRS Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2008 AFRS Commanders Achievement Award
2009 John Levitow Award, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2011 Air Force Outstanding Airman of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant 1 December 2012
(Current as of June 2018)