PRINT | E-MAIL
Chief Master Sergeant Alvin R. Dyer is Command Chief Master Sergeant, 96th Test Wing, Eglin Air Force Base, Florida. In this capacity, he serves as principal advisor to the wing commander and senior staff on matters of military readiness, professional development, effective utilization of personnel, quality of life, and moral affecting an organization of more than 19,000 military, civilian, and contractor personnel.
The 96th Test Wing provides developmental testing and evaluation of conventional munitions, command and control systems, and aircraft avionics and guidance systems. Additionally, the wing provides all base operating support, infrastructure, and services support for the Air Force’s largest installation (724 square miles) comprised of eight tenant wing or wing-equivalent units, to include the 33rd Fighter Wing (F-35 Lightning II Integrated Training Center), the Army's 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal, and 37 other associate units including the Army's 6th Ranger Training Battalion and the Air Force's 20th Space Control Squadron.
Chief Dyer graduated from the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning course, Sheppard AFB, Texas. His background includes various duties within the civil engineer arena. Throughout his career, he has filled a myriad of roles including First Term Airman Center, NCOIC and additional First Sergeant. His assignments include bases in Mississippi, Arkansas, Georgia, and Florida. Chief Dyer has also served overseas in Germany, Japan, Korea, Alaska, and deployed in support of Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM, and INHERENT RESOLVE.
1999 – Airman Leadership School, Randolph AFB, Texas
2003 – Associate of Applied Science, Mechanical Electrical Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2006 – Noncommissioned Officer's Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2010 – Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
2010 – Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course
2010 – Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force 2012 United States Navy Senior
Enlisted Academy, New Port, R.I. (in residence)
2015 – Bachelors of Science, Human Resources, Columbia Southern University, Orange Beach, Ala.
2017 – Chief's Leadership Course, Maxwell Gunter AFB, Ala.
2017 – Command Chief's Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews AFB, Va.
2018 – Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2018 – Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2018 – Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2020 – Senior Leader Security Seminar, Montross, Va.
2020 – Africa Seminar Political-Economic Conflict Seminar, Washington D.C.
1. June 1995 - Feb 1999, HVAC/R Specialist, 14th Civil Engineer Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
2. Feb 1999 - April 2001, HVAC/R Craftsman, 12th Civil Engineer Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
3. April 2001 - April 2002, HVAC/R Supervisor, 8th Civil Engineer Squadron, Kunsan AB, Korea
4. April 2002 - June 2003, HVAC/R Supervisor,12th Civil Engineer Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
5. June 2003 - Aug 2006, NCOIC, Zone 3, 314th Civil Engineer Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
6. Sep 2006 - Aug 2010, Superintendent, Infrastructure, 23rd Civil Engineer Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
7. Sep 2010 - Sep 2011, Superintendent, Operations Support, 8th Civil Engineer Squadron, Korea
8. Sep 2011 - Sep 2013, HVAC/R Force Development Manager, Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
9. Sep 2013 - Jul 2016, Superintendent, Operations Flight, 374th Civil Engineer Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
10. Jul 2016 - Sep 2017, Squadron Superintendent, 354th Civil Engineer Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alaska
11. Sep 2017- Jan 2018, Group Superintendent, 354th Mission Support Group, Eielson AFB, Alaska
12. Jan 2018 - May 2019, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 52d Fighter Wing, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
13. Jun 2019 - Jul 2020, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
14. Jul 2020 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 96th Test Wing, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Legion of Merit with one Oak Leaf Cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver Oak Leaf Cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters
1999 Leadership Award, Airman Leadership School
2006 Distinguished Graduate, Non Commissioned Officer Academy
2012 Distinguished Graduate, United States Navy Senior Enlisted Academy
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Chief Master Sergeant July 2016 (Current as of July 2020)