PRINT | E-MAIL
Mark R. Crockett is Vice Director, 96th Test Wing, Air Force Materiel Command, Eglin Air Force Base, Florida. He leads more than 9,800 military, civilian, and contractor personnel in accomplishing the 96th Test Wing’s missions of developmental testing and evaluation of conventional munitions, command and control systems, aircraft avionics and guidance systems, and radar cross section measurement. The 96th Test Wing has eight groups and 32 squadrons, operates 38 uniquely modified test aircraft, and manages 120,000 square miles of over-water test ranges plus facilities in six states. He also directs all base operating support, infrastructure, and services support for the Air Force’s largest installation at 724 square miles. The 96th Test Wing hosts eight tenant wings and wing equivalent units to include the 33rd Fighter Wing (F-35 Joint Strike Fighter), the Army’s 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal and 37 other associate units including the Army’s 6th Ranger Training Battalion and the Space Force’s 20th Space Control Squadron. As vice director, he interacts with local officials across a three-county, 11-city region with an annual military economic impact of almost $3 billion.
Before choosing a career in civil service, Crockett served as an Air Force enlisted and officer. In 1991, he was commissioned through Air Force Officer Training School and served as a Manpower Officer, Operations Staff Officer, and Operations Planner until his retirement in 2002. His last active duty assignment was as the Air Force Special Operations Force Structure Manager, Headquarters, U.S. Special Operations Command.
1987 Associate of Arts (AA) Degree, Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.; cum laude
1990 Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree in Human Resource Management, Saint Leo College (now Saint Leo University), Saint Leo, Fla.; summa cum laude
1994 Master of Science in Administration (MSA) Degree, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI; summa cum laude
1998 Squadron Officers’ School, In-residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Pacific Leadership Academy, Honolulu, Hawaii
2008 Air War College by correspondence “Excellent” graduate
2011 Air Force Civilian Senior Leader Development Program (CSLP), Pentagon
2014 Disability Program Management Course, Patrick AFB, Fla.
2015 Senior Leader Program, Global Engagement & Emerging Threat Seminar, Washington D.C.
2017 Department of Defense Senior Leader Development Program (DSLDP), Pentagon
2017 U.S. Army War College (USAWC) Defense Strategy Foundation Course by online seminar
2018 Master of Strategic Studies Degree, In-residence, USAWC, Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
2018 Developing and Implementing an Outward Mindset Course, Defense Human Resource Activity, Alexandria, Va.
2019 DoD Senior Leader Development Program Graduate; Seminars at the Defense Human Resource Activity and Southbridge, Mass.
2020 Harvard Senior Executive Fellows Graduate, by correspondence
2021 Harvard Strategic Leadership: Enhancing Your Personal Effectiveness, by correspondence
1. Military Service: various base-level assignments as enlisted and officer in ACC, AETC, AFMC, PACAF, & USAFE; two MAJCOM tours (ACC & AFMC); and, one joint duty assignment (HQ USSOCOM)
2. April 2002-December 2003, Productivity Programs Manager, 51st Fighter Wing Manpower Office, Osan AB, Korea
3. December 2003-July 2004, Command Mission Requirements Manager, HQ PACAF/XPM, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
4. July 2004-June 2005, Senior Management Analyst, HQ AAC/XPM (96 MSS/MOF), Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. June 2005-August 2006, Deputy, 1st Mission Support Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
6. August 2006-June 2010, Deputy, 1st Manpower Requirements Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. June 2010-June 2012, Personnel Transformation Program Manager, HQ USAF (AF/A1XT), Pentagon
8. June 2012-April 2014, Deputy Director for Installation Support, 11th Mission Support Group, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
9. April 2014-June 2017, Deputy Director for Installation Support, 18th Mission Support Group, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
10. June 2017-June 2018, Student, USAWC, Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
11. June 2018-February 2019, Strategic Advisor, Defense Human Resource Activity, Alexandria, Va.
12. February 2019-Present, Vice Director, 96th Test Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
DoD Great American Family Award (2)
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Civilian Service Award (3)
Exemplary Civilian Service Award (2)
Meritorious Service Medal (2)
Air Force Commendation Medal (5)
Air Force Achievement Medal (2)
Best DoD and Civilian Sector Productivity and Suggestion Programs
Verne Orr Award for Best Utilization of Human Resources in USAF (2)
HQ USAF General Benjamin Oliver Davis, Jr. Management Engineering Award
Air Force Award for Professional Excellence, Manpower Flight/Office of the Year
Air Force Award for Professional Excellence, Large Manpower Office of the Year
Air Force Information Assurance Manager of the Year
United States Forces Korea Civilian Employee of the Year
Air Force Materiel Command Manpower Officer of the Year
Honor Graduate, John Levitow Award Winner, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
Honor Graduate, Manpower Management Specialist Course
Honor Graduate, John Levitow Award Winner, Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School
Authored research paper: “Civilian Defense Senior Leader Development Program…Are We There Yet?”
Authored report: “Airmen’s Time Impact Due To Personnel Services Delivery Transformation”
Authored thesis: “Baldrige Criteria Applicability to Aeronautical Systems Center”
Handpicked by former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Richard Myers, and Air Force Chief of Staff, General Michael Ryan, to attend Officer Training School
Member of Delta Epsilon Sigma, National Scholastic Honor Society
USAF Tennis Team Coordinator and coaching captain of three base and one civilian tennis team