Eglin Club discounts discontinued at non-club facilities
By Samuel King Jr., Team Eglin Public Affairs
/ Published May 03, 2012
EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. --
The Air Force Materiel Command Member First Plus program was discontinued here, as of May 1.
This change means Eglin's club members will no longer receive discounts at non-club facilities such as the bowling alley, golf course and barbershop. The termination of the benefit was a result of the 96th Force Support Squadron's
base-wide comprehensive assessment of all force support activities to determine the future of their programs.
"This was a tough decision to make, and one that aligns with the choices many other installations either have made or are about to make," said Lt. Col. Jason Delamater, the 96th Force Support Squadron commander. "We realized many of our loyal club members may perceive this action as an erosion of club member benefits. That is why I worked with my staff to develop additional program incentives and benefits, over and above current offerings."
The objective of the new plan is to demonstrate a net gain in benefits and incentives to club members, according to Delamater. FSS personnel specifically crafted the offerings to reward both existing member loyalty and to attract new customers.
Some of the new and existing benefits and incentives are:
New member benefits and incentives
- Free quarterly membership appreciation nights
- "Bayview Bucks" member loyalty program: on the anniversary date of club membership, a $1 Bayview Buck Club credit will be provided to members for each year of membership
- Bayview Frequent Diner's punch card: a club member can earn two punches per lunch visit (instead of one for non-members). Buy 12 lunches, 13th lunch is free.
- Membership Jackpot: certain club events will be designated a jackpot date and a money pot will be started with $100. A random club number will be drawn at each event. The member has to be in attendance to win and each event a winner is not selected, another $100 is added to the pot at the following Membership Jackpot event.
- Drawings for a free month of membership at every Bayview Club First Friday event
Air Force Club Membership benefits:
- Free dues during members' deployment and for 100 percent disabled veterans
- Free access to Air Force clubs worldwide
- Free Air Force club scholarship program
- Free "six months" dues upon retirement from military, GS or NAF
- Pay your club card bill at the club
- Refer a card member specials
- Free check cashing
- Two percent cash back for "on base" purchases using your club card and one percent everywhere else
- Chase Bank "Blue Star" program--zero interest rates and fees while deployed
- 10 percent off food and beverages (not alcohol) for personal catered functions at the club
- $25 in transfer coupons when you transfer your membership to a new base
The Bayview Club exclusive membership benefits:
- "First Friday" program
- Free weekly social hour appetizers
- "Fish Fry" Membership Appreciation Night
- Free weekly lunch drawing
- Free semiannual Family Fun Daze events
- Free Wine Tasting Event w/special bottle pricing
- Free Bowling Center event for Club Members for entire family
- Free Golf Course event for Club Members for entire family
- Free "Birthday Breakfast" program for member and spouse
- $2 off daily lunch buffet
- $1.00 off breakfast or brunch
- $2 off holiday buffets
- $5 off monthly "Prime Rib for Two" dinner
- $2 off monthly "Seafood" buffet
- $50 club card drawing every Friday
- Annual Football Frenzy contest
- Weekly Bingo program-up to $4,500 in prizes every Wednesday and Thursday