HomeNewsPhotos

Photos

Eglin Eagle legacy
EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Fla., -- The Eglin Eagle collage represents more than six decades of Eglin history through the stories told in the base newspaper. Originally named the Eglin Eagle, the first issue was printed in December 1941. The newspaper temporarily took the name Command Courier for the Air Proving Ground Command November 1946 through December 1957. The name Eglin Eagle returned in January 1958.The final edition was printed Feb. 23, 2007. (USAF ilustration by Staff Sgt. Mike Meares)

Download Image: Full Size (3.3 MB)
Photo by: Staff Sgt. Mike Meares |  VIRIN: 070221-F-9708M-001.JPG